After gaining the infamous freshman fifteen three years ago (and spending the last two years doing whatever to get back into shape), I made a few rules for myself:
1. No Nutella.
2. No Oreos.
3. No snacks unless I've worked for them.*
* bake/make them myself = I put in my time and effort
* menstration = it's an exercise (?)
* one unhealthy snack per grocery trip = carrying heavy bags burn a lot of energy
So I learned to bake - except I can barely step foot into the kitchen without something going wrong. Also, every recipe I found online seemed to involve some exotic food or spice that no college student would find in their cabinets. (Who has money to spend $10 on natural vanilla extract?) So I had to find reaaaally simple recipes with minimal ingredients. Here is my recent favorite!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2. Scoop into balls.
3. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes at 350°F
That's it! There's no doubting how unhealthy it is, but hey, at least it's not store-bought.
Now time to hit the gym.